Our Italian courses for foreigners:
Fluente offers Italian language courses divided into 24-hour modules because we have learned through experience that 24 hours constitute the best quantity to quality ratio.
24 course hours allow for tangible progress, in which every module provides the student with a guaranteed improvement in their knowledge of the language.
Created for those seeking to learn the italian language
for work, necessity or pleasure.
ON SITEIn-person course
in-person course at our flagship school for those residing or visiting long term in Umbria, with weekly customizable days and times
in-person course at one of the beautiful residences in collaboration with our school for those who wish to ‘experience’ the Italian language immersed in a relaxing environment, with courses running in consecutive days of 8, 6 or 4 lesson hours each day
for those who may not have the opportunity or time to spend in Umbria but are looking to learn the many secrets of the Italian language and culture, with courses running in modules of 24 hours and customizable weekly days and times depending on individual needs
HybridCorso in presenza e virtuale
a course path that includes both an in-person and online module for a complete language learning experience, with weekly customizable days and times
Speak out of the box
A programme for those who want to immerse themselves in a unique sensorial experience to learn and live the Italian language.
An online group course,a total of 10 sessions, to dive deep into Italian Language, Culture and History. A trip to understand the real Italy, a great opportunity to explore the beauty of Italy through its language and culture. Each session is dedicated to discovering some of Italy’s hidden treasures in Basilicata, Lazio, Liguria, Marche, Puglia, Sicilia, Trentino Alto Adige and Toscana.
an online group course, a total of 15 lesson hoursdedicated to learning and practising communication in the Italian language through the presentation of 11 Italian iconical figures to learn more about the different aspects of Italy by speaking about them in Italian with our teachers: a delving into the culture of Italy using its lexicon and grammar.
Italian for a driving licence
A personalized Italian course (online or in-person) to help you learn the rules and regulations of the road in Italy, to prepare for the driving school exam and obtain your Italian driving licence.
What we do in the course?
- With you, we cover all the specific sections of the exam book, especially the more difficult sections that contain content with more nuances of meaning;
- Together we construct maps, graphs and lists useful for memorizing both the vocabulary and the most used standard phrases;
- We help you practise memorization techniques that guide you in the right direction to progress in knowledge to successfully complete the exam;
- Together we identify specific and prevalent pitfalls of the Italian language: words that can quickly change the meaning of a sentence, especially on a test;
- We strengthen your general knowledge of Italian to achieve the most comprehensive progress possible.
Italian Language SOS
Fluente’s Italian language SOS is not a course but real-time language assistance for anyone in immediate need of language assistance. You can purchase an hour (or more) of time with one of our native-speaker trainers for any need.
The service is currently active in Italian for foreign users in Italy in order to provide assistance to those who do not speak the language well or to those who speak it but do not feel confident enough and need help with:
- Bureaucratic procedures relating to the purchase of a house, the transfer of residence, the activation of new utilities, healthcare, etc.;
- Obtaining a driving licence in Italy: applications and forms, exam preparation, useful information;
- Conversing with a lawyer, notary, doctor, accountant or in any case with a native Italian speaker when clear and effective communication is necessary during those fundamental moments of life in Italy;
- Correcting an important document for work;
- Practising a last-minute speech to an audience of colleagues or strangers in a professional setting;
- Writing an urgent formal email;
- Serving as support during an important work call;
- Facilitating communication during any type of emergency while on holiday in another country.
Learn Italian effectively with Fluente
All our courses are highly personalized, ‘tailor-made’ to the needs of each individual student based on the student’s objectives, background and specifications. A careful analysis of training needs and preliminary knowledge of the participant allows us to personalize the best possible path for learning. Fluente uses an eclectic approach to teaching the language, that is, an approach that combines multiple methodologies, drawing from each the techniques considered most effective for each student. Ours, therefore, is a method that adapts to the student and not vice versa.
- The student is the centre focus of the lesson;
- The teacher serves as the tutor and guide and organizes the course according to the identified objectives of the student to define the most effective curriculum;
- Communication: the main objective of every lesson is communication, because language is action. During the lessons, all four linguistic skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) are practised, explored and developed so that each student knows how to use the language not only correctly but also and above all appropriately and effectively;
- The vocabulary and grammatical structures presented are useful and functional for communication and social interaction;
- The training path is inductive: the teachers provide the students with resourceful tools to arrive at the best linguistic solution on their own, so over time the students develop the confidence to experiment and communicate without fear;
- The materials are multiple and perfectly integrated: audio, video, texts, games, podcasts, tutorials, ebooks, articles and the world around us;
- The course topics are subjects of interest to the student, identified by the teacher during the first session of the course, at the moment of initial exchange between teacher and student. As a rule, teachers include and present fundamental elements of Italian culture in the programme, because having basic socio-cultural competence is essential for communicating well in a language.
- Fluente teachers are certified professionals;
- They continuously stimulate student curiosity with activities suited to each learner;
- They encourage students to experience a certain autonomy in learning: by presenting effective and engaging activities that each student can easily practise independently;
- These activities are not boring, but fun and interesting;
- These activities are continually updated and re-arranged, like a puzzle, the best and most effective resources for each student, the most varied and modern to ensure that each lesson is lively, productive and interactive.
Contact us for more information
"*" indicates required fields